There are many reasons why you should hire a professional air conditioning company. The most important reason is to ensure your system is running efficiently and it’s the right size for the space. A qualified technician will also be able to diagnose any issues with your system before they become major problems.
This blog post goes into detail about some other reasons, including that hiring an air conditioning company can save you up to 20% on your utility bills!
Before jumping into the reasons why you should hire a professional air conditioning company, we first need to know what air conditioners are and what they do.
Air Conditioning is a process of cooling or heating an area using either air conditioning units, refrigerant gas, heat pumps (air-to-water), radiant panels (solar thermal) or simple insulation to decrease the temperature in the space by releasing hot air from inside.
An air conditioning system consists of two primary components:
- Air Handler Units
- Evaporator Coil Systems.
The main function of these two parts is to control humidity levels within your home while maintaining comfortable temperatures. It’s important that both systems work together at optimum conditions for efficiency and effectiveness!
So why should you hire a professional air conditioning company? Here are seven reasons why:
1. It ensures your system runs efficiently
Hiring a professional air conditioning company will give you peace of mind as they can ensure your system is running efficiently. They will be able to identify any issues that may need attention and ensure your air conditioning unit performs at its peak performance level so you can stay cool during those hot summer days!
A qualified technician will take time to properly install your current system and they can also identify any issues that may be present in the system. They will offer advice on how to maintain your air conditioning unit without incurring excessive costs and they’ll make sure you have a plan if something goes wrong with your current unit (such as when an electrical surge causes damage).
2. It prolongs the life of your AC
Another reason why you should hire a professional air conditioning company when it comes to your air conditioning installation is that it prolongs the life of your air conditioning unit. We’re talking years here, not just days or weeks. Hiring a professional with experience in this area will be able to spot leaks and can provide you with maintenance tips on how to keep your system as efficient for longer periods of time.
With an experienced AC service technician, you can assure that your air conditioner is working at its best, providing your home with a comfy temperature year round.
Some symptoms that may point towards trouble include: a decrease in airflow or not being able to lower the thermostat set point below 78 degrees F (26 degrees C).
Symptoms that your air conditioning needs maintenance
- Dirty coils: Rotted air conditioning equipment causes a buildup of dirt and mold. Dirty coils can cause poor performance, high energy bills, freezing temperatures and more extensive repairs.
- Air contaminated by refrigerant leakage: When your AC is leaking it releases the gas that cools down your home into the atmosphere. This puts you at risk for ozone depletion or global warming as well as other health risks involved with breathing in toxic chemicals like chlorofluorocarbons (CFC).
- Low indoor humidity levels due to excessive outdoor cooling: In order to maintain healthy conditions inside your house when using an air conditioner, there needs to be adequate moisture which keeps skin from drying out and eyes from becoming irritated. If too much moisture is removed, you will have to use a humidifier when it’s hot.
- Higher electricity bills: While air conditioning may be your best bet for staying cool and comfortable in the summertime, if not maintained correctly, an AC can result in higher energy costs year round. Dirty indoor coils or improper installation methods can cause your system to work harder than necessary which causes more wear and tear on the equipment that translates into high utility bills as well as poses a safety risk with potential electrical shocks from frayed wiring.
- Uncomfortable temperatures inside due to low outdoor cooling efficiency: When outside temperature exceeds inside temperature (when using air conditioners), this means there is something wrong with the unit such as dirty coils, blocked condenser fins, a dirty blower, or some other problem.
Air conditioning installation companies offer maintenance contracts that can help keep costs down in the long run and save you from high energy bills because of poor insulation as well as unexpected repairs such as leaks.
Homeowners who neglect to maintain their system are at risk for not only higher utility bills but also possible health risks with allergens building up inside and mold on humid surfaces due to inadequate ventilation.
3. Your warranty won’t be voided
Having a professional air conditioning company install your air conditioning system is the best way to make sure there are no issues with warranties. Professional companies have certified technicians who know what they’re doing, and should be able to fix any issue that arises in a timely manner without voiding your warranty.
Air conditioning companies also offer annual air conditioning service contracts with guaranteed pricing, so you know what to expect every year.
4. Reduce your chance of an HVAC emergency
Professional air conditioning company like Hogan Hot Water & Air Conditioning, know that having a well-maintained air conditioning system is important for your home’s comfort and safety, as well as greatly reducing the chance of an HVAC emergency.
If you experience any issues with your air conditioner or need help with repairs, make sure to call immediately. Air conditioning emergencies are much more common in this hot summer weather than they usually are during other seasons so it can be hard to wait until tomorrow when we could have had service today!
The sooner we get started on finding out what the problem is, the easier it will be for us to fix it quickly without waiting around all day.
5. You’re not committing fraud
Hiring a professional air conditioning company ensures that you’re not committing fraud. The technician will come to your house and assess the air conditioning unit–and if it needs repair, they’ll make sure that’s done before any service is completed on a working system. This ensures an accurate assessment of what work is needed as well as preventing fraudulent behavior from being committed by unsuspecting homeowners who have no idea their AC unit may be broken but are charged for a new one anyway!
Companies like Hogan hot water and air conditioning, for example, make sure that the air conditioner needs to be replaced is done so with a complete understanding of what’s going on.
6. You’ll have peace of mind knowing a professional is checking your air conditioning unit.
Most professionals guarantee their work. They want to make sure their customers are happy, and that the air conditioning unit is working correctly before they leave your home or business. Having a professional check over your cooling system can save you time and money in the long run because it will prevent future problems from happening quickly without warning.
That is why it is so important to make sure you have your air conditioning unit serviced and checked on a regular basis by a professional.
This will help maximize the lifespan of your system, which could potentially save you money in the long run. You might not need to replace it as often because there are no hidden issues that would cause it to fail quickly or early on.
7. It helps you with financing options if needed
Professional companies can help you with financing if you need it. They can help you get loans, even if your credit is not perfect or the property has a lot of equity in it.
- There are many qualified contractors that offer flexible payment plans and this could be something to consider when looking for air conditioning service
- A professional company will usually have their own personnel who work on these types of matters so they can often move more quickly than other companies would because they know what needs to happen before the repair process starts
- It can be a huge relief when you find out that there is someone who will work with your budget and not pressure you to commit more than what’s necessary.
If it sounds like we are advocating for hiring professionals, then yes, we are. There are many reasons why they should come highly recommended from people in the community or have references available to speak on their behalf.
If you are looking to hire a professional company for your air conditioning needs, then don’t hesitate to give Hogan hot water and air conditioning a call today.
The Hogan hot water and air conditioning team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We also offer air conditioning services on an hourly basis if you are looking for more information about that before committing to anything.
We hope this blog post has been helpful when it comes to getting what you need done as quickly as possible without breaking the bank.
You may also like to read: Air conditioning – Australia City projects into the future