Find on the Real Estate Agent job sheet all the useful information about this job: Salary, studies, training, role, job description of the real estate agent, the qualities and skills required to work as a real estate agent. The real estate agent job is part of the real estate field.
The strong real estate needs in France have increased the demand for this type of position in recent years. The real estate agent (Rome code C1504) acts as an interface between the seller of a property, the agency to which he is attached, and potential buyers. If its status may vary due to the commercial dimension of the profession, the missions entrusted to it are generally similar:
- Prospect: it is the most important and difficult task entrusted to him. The real estate negotiator will have to find apartments, houses or other Real Estate Agents available for sale or rental. He will cross the geographic area assigned to him to find available goods.
- Assess the value of a property: when it has found a property to rent or sell, it must assess it. It sets a fair price in agreement with the owner and market prices to sell or rent as quickly as possible.
- Find a buyer: he is responsible for prospecting buyers and potential tenants. For this, it will increase the visibility spaces: advertisements published in newspapers or on the Internet, presentation in the agency’s window …
- Carry out the visits: he makes potential buyers visit the real estate. He advises them and presents them with goods suited to their budget and expectations.
- Finalize the operation and manage the rentals: When the owner and the buyer or the tenant have agreed, he is responsible for finalizing the operation and managing the administrative part. He generally occupies the function of property administrator: a collection of rents and charges, drafting of leases.
The tasks assigned to the Real Estate Agent are numerous. He is generally responsible for a real estate transaction from start to finish. The Real Estate Advisor can become an Agency Director or even a Real Estate Agent on his own. He will then have to master the organizational management and the management of his team in order to buy peace of mind and prosperous and regular development of his agency turnover.
Real Estate Agent salary :
What salary and how much does a real estate agent earn?
On average, a non-executive real estate agent earns around 32,000 euros gross per year in France.
Work Real Estate Agent :
Why and how to work as a real estate agent?
- Part of the remuneration is received through commissions which are not capped but proportional to the volume of sales made. If the results are good, this system can be very interesting.
- A fascinating job that does not know the routine. A personal satisfaction to have rendered a quality real estate and a recognition of the individuals who often entrust to you the project of their whole life; therefore incomparable to goods and services of current consumption.
- It is a real job that cannot and should not be improvised. This is a negative aspect only for those who think that this profession can be improvised. Times not always regular and sometimes extended in the evening.
Qualities and skills required :
What are the qualities and skills needed to be hired as a real estate agent?
He has a perfect knowledge of the local real estate market: the prices for sale and for rent commonly practiced, the most appreciated districts, the competition. He has strong commercial capacities. He has a good sense of contact. His power of conviction is developed. He knows how to negotiate with his customers the prices of goods and the commissions paid. Its presentation is impeccable. He is available and dynamic. Depending on his specialty, he may be asked to speak one or more foreign languages fluently.
Education and Training :
What training and how to become a real estate agent?
It is possible to practice the profession of Real Estate Agent after a diploma of bac + 2 levels like the BTS real estate professions or even after obtaining a more general diploma (like the BTS NDRC or the BTS MCO). Bac + 3 or even Bac + 5 training in this area is also possible, they can increase your possibilities of integration and professional development, although a bac + 2 is generally sufficient for many recruiters in the sector.1