Stages of complete transport training for cargo
Transport training there are only three of them: loading at the consignor’s warehouse, unloading at the consignee and, in fact, the road itself. However, there is one more, no less important stage immediately before the start of transportation – the preparation of the cargo for shipment.
What is the transport training?
- weighing and measuring the dimensions of the cargo;
- selection of suitable containers;
- packaging and labeling;
- the choice of a car for transport training: according to the maximum carrying capacity, permissible dimensions, according to the method of loading and, of course, according to the type of body intended for the transportation of a certain cargo – an insulated body, a refrigerator, a tank, etc .;
- measurement and weighing of the packed cargo (so that the packed cargo fits into the dimensions of the selected vehicle and does not exceed the weight limit);
- execution of accompanying documents, obtaining permits (for bulky, heavy, dangerous goods), preparation of written instructions and route sheets (for dangerous goods), development of a special transportation project (for oversized cargo), cargo insurance.
And although the responsibility for preparing the cargo for transportation lies with the consignor, often the freight forwarding company takes on most of this work.
In this case, another important stage of complete cargo transport training is the choice of a carrier or forwarder who will organize it: filling out an application, preliminary calculation of the cost, concluding a contract. At the same time, the main thing that the employees of the freight forwarding company need to know in order to carry out the transportation efficiently is the weight, dimensions and nature of the cargo, its hazard class, point of departure and destination.
As for the loading of goods into a vehicle, it (in accordance with the “Charter of road transport training and urban land electric transport”) is carried out by the consignor. The driver usually monitors the safety of the cargo during loading, controls the order of its stowage and the strength of the fastening, and must also be able to check the dimensions of the cargo. All comments regarding loading operations, he must indicate in a certain column of the consignment note / waybill, and the consignor must certify them with his signature. Without this signature, the carrier’s words have no effect.
The stage of the transportation itself, it would seem, is the simplest, but it is also the most unpredictable. Unfortunately, no matter how thought out the transportation, something unforeseen can always happen on the way: an accident, “traffic jam”, road repairs, etc. As a rule, a freight forwarding company takes on the solution of emerging problems and difficulties. She also monitors the movement of the car and notifies the customer about it.
The complete cargo transportation ends with the delivery of the cargo to the consignee: the driver signs in the consignment note / waybill, confirming that he handed over the cargo, and the consignee puts his signature in the “cargo accepted” column. At the same time, the driver usually does not participate in unloading operations – they are carried out by the forces of the consignee. The driver can be involved in loading / unloading only if this is specifically stipulated in the transportation contract.
The main values for calculating the cost of complete cargo transport training are kilometers and weight of the cargo.
However, the cost of transport training is also influenced by the nature of the cargo, its hazard class, compliance in size, travel on toll roads, the urgency of delivery … In addition, the more functionality a freight forwarding company will perform (obtaining permits, developing a route, processing documents, etc. .), the more expensive the freight will be.
Cargoes can have various dimensions, structure and shape, but all of them must be delivered to their destination in complete safety and on time. That is why the preparation of the batch for transport training is of great importance, which implies appropriate packaging and correct documentation.
- Why have a real estate lawyer?
- YouTube SEO how to get more views on YouTube like a pro
- Intellectual Disability: How to deal with a child having it?
- What Does Jezweb – the Best Website Designing Company in Australia – Have to Offer?
- 7 Reasons You Should Hire a Professional Air Conditioning Company
- Why You Should Use Industrial Battery Systems?