As a pastor, I have made many wedding rings. This is one of my favorite parts of the “job”. I get a front row seat for one of the most beautiful moments couples have ever experienced.
I love to watch the groom try to hold back tears when he first sees his bride walking down the aisle. I love that the couple barely hears the words that I say throughout the ceremony, because they get lost in each other’s eyes and rejoice in the bliss of the moment itself.
Everything about a wedding rings.
One of the deepest parts of the ceremony happens when I am presented with wedding rings. I place the rings on top of my Bible and talk about how beautiful they are, and watch the couple nervously put the rings on each other’s hands and look at them with the expression, “I will NEVER take it off now!”
It saddens me that so many couples are filming them. Sometimes this is due to very practical reasons such as a skin condition or work environment that is not conducive to jewelry, but in most cases, the person simply chooses not to wear it and comes up with reasons why it is not very important.
Just as Frodo and the Hobbits learned about it in Tolkien’s epic The Lord of the Rings, sometimes the ring can have a lot more meaning than you think!
1. Whether you wear the ring or not, this is the FIRST thing people notice when they meet you, and they often make assumptions about your commitment to marriage based on the presence or absence of the ring.
My grandmother was a widow for decades, but at the beginning of marriage, my grandfather cheated on her with several passions. She was never completely healed of these wounds.
To this day, when she talks about someone, whether he is someone she knows or a celebrity in the public eye (even pastors), one of her first observations is always either “he always wears his wedding ring” or “he does not wear a wedding ring. “
She makes assumptions about a man’s honesty and loyalty to his wife, based on one ring. While this can be a very dubious indicator, many people make similar assumptions.
2. Your wedding rings is a daily reminder that every decision you make affects your spouse in some way.
The ring is a tangible symbol that your spouse should hold in your heart, your schedule, and every part of your life.
From the moment you said yes, every aspect of your life is now associated with your spouse. Everything you do with your time, your words, your money, etc. will affect him / her in one way or another, so the ring is a simple reminder that everything you touch will affect your marriage.
3. Your wedding rings is a symbol of respect for your spouse.
Respect in marriage is not measured only by what we say. Often, silent actions speak loudest.
Respect in marriage is transmitted continuously ( marriage is a permanent relationship). The ring is one easy way to convey that respect ESPECIALLY when your spouse asks you to wear it and / or says it is very important to him.
If your spouse has asked you to wear it and you consistently deny his / her request, then you are constantly reporting disrespect and disregard for his / her feelings.
4. Your wedding rings is the first line of defense against infidelity.
The diamonds is not a solid defense against infidelity, but it is definitely the first line of defense. Wearing the ring subtly conveys the message: “I am married. I am faithful. My marriage is important to me. “
If you’re trying to be “undercover married,” keeping your marital status a secret, you DO NOT VALUE it. Some people (not respecting marriage) behave this way.
But when you wear a ring, you can prevent many unnecessary temptations.
5. Your wedding rings is a visible symbol to your children that your marriage matters.
If you have children, one of the most important lessons you can teach them is what marriage should look like.
Show your children the beauty of a husband and wife who are devoted to each other both in public and in private. It takes MUCH more than just a ring, but the ring will be the first sign of your feelings.
6. There is no compelling reason NOT to wear it!
As I said at the beginning, there are some practical exceptions to this rule, but in general, when it’s just a matter of preference, why not wear a wedding rings?
- Why have a real estate lawyer?
- YouTube SEO how to get more views on YouTube like a pro
- Intellectual Disability: How to deal with a child having it?
- What Does Jezweb – the Best Website Designing Company in Australia – Have to Offer?
- 7 Reasons You Should Hire a Professional Air Conditioning Company
- Why You Should Use Industrial Battery Systems?